I stopped by ALDI today and got some great deals (as always!):
ALDI Shopping Trip
- Mangoes — just $0.49 each (we’re not a huge fan of mangoes, otherwise I would have bought more!)
- Watermelon — $2.99 (I thought this was seedless because it was in the seedless watermelon bin, but it was actually with seeds. Oh well!)
- Organic Arugula — $2.49 (I eat this on salads almost daily and love that it’s so fresh and inexpensive at ALDI!)
- 3 packages of Strawberries — $1.49 each (I was excited for a deal on strawberries — my kids love berries and so do I!)
- 2 bags Frozen Broccoli — $1.19 per bag (I usually roast this with a little olive oil and seasonings. SO good!)
- 1 3-lb. bag of Boneless Chicken Breasts — $5.49 (We’re going to use this for chicken on the grill & Southwest Roll-Ups this week, since I already have salsa, tortillas, cheese, and beans!)
- 2 packages Beef Smoked Sausage — $2.19 each (We’re going to use this for Sausage, Sauerkraut, and Sweet Potatoes in the crock pot since I already have sauerkraut and sweet potatoes on hand and we’ll probably have enough for two dinners from this.)
- Red Grapes — $1.98 for the bag (My kids love grapes and they make for an easy lunch or for easy snacks. Growing up, we love to for a summer snack, too!)
- 1 can Pineapple — $0.89 (I use this in my morning smoothies.)
- 1 bag Frozen Blueberries — $2.29 (I use this in my morning smoothies.)
- Bananas — $0.82
- 1 block Mozzarella cheese — $1.79
- Cantaloupe — $1.49
- Bacon — $3.89
- 4-lb. Pure Cane Sugar — $2.59 (ALDI has such great prices on sugar!)
- Feta crumbles — $1.49 (I love this on my salads!)
- Hummus — $1.99
- Total + tax: $47.94
New to shopping at ALDI? Read how we save close to $1,000 per year by shopping at ALDI.
I planned our menu based upon what we had on hand and what was on sale at ALDI… well, and what I was hungry for (hello, pancakes for dinner!)
We still need to buy 2 dozen eggs (we don’t buy them at ALDI as we buy the farm-fresh brown eggs at Kroger and we are down to 6 eggs) and we will also need to buy some veggies/fruit to bring to the barbecue on Friday.
I also ordered some honey from Amazon (using Swagbucks gift cards) since we were all out. And there’s a good chance I’ll stop by Kroger at least once or twice this week to see if I find any great markdowns.
But other than that, I think we have everything on hand we need to feed our family for the week.
This Week’s Menu Plan
Breakfast Options: Oatmeal and/or smoothies (I am having eggs, whole-wheat English Muffins, and fruit.)
Lunch Options: Cheese Quesadillas, Leftovers, PB & J, Snack-y Lunch (I will have a salad with canned tuna or salmon or hard-boiled eggs, whole-wheat bread.)
Snacks: , Apples & Peanut Butter Cream Cheese Dip, Fruit, Popcorn,
Dinners: Breakfast for Dinner, Chicken on the Grill, Southwest Roll-Ups, Sausage, Sauerkraut, and Sweet Potatoes x 2, Dinner out, BBQ with friends (we’re bringing veggies & fruit).
Want to see more details on my ALDI shopping trip? I did a quick video for Facebook Live below…
What’s on YOUR menu plan this week? Let us know in the comments!
Subscribe for free email updates from TupperwareShop® and get my Guide to Freezer Cooking for free!