Want to see what we bought for this week’s $70 grocery budget? I’m currently challenging myself to stick with a $70 budget for our family of five. This includes almost all of our breakfasts, lunches, snacks, and dinners + most household products (toiletries, laundry soap, etc.).
For live updates, be sure to . See all posts on my $70 Grocery Budget here.
I loved finding great deals on eggs, dried cranberries, and avocados this past week. I’ve been making some yummy salads this week as a result!
I couldn’t believe all of these markdowns I found at Kroger. Ended up only getting the dried cranberries and some trail mix as those were the best deals.
Kroger Shopping Trip #1:
- 1 package Pasta Salad mix — marked down to $1
- 2 packages Pasta Dish Mixes — marked down to $1 each
- 1 container trail mix — marked down to $1.69
- 2 lbs. ground beef + pork — marked down to $4.49
- Cornmeal mix — marked down to $0.69
- 2 containers dried cranberries — marked down to $1.29 each
- 1 bag avocados — marked down to $0.99
- 2 bags of peppers — marked down to $0.99 each
- 1 bag of apples — marked down to $0.99
- Total with tax: $17.44
Kroger Shopping Trip #2:
- Chobani Smoothies — marked down to $1.49
- 2 Caramel Mousse — marked down to $0.99 each
- 4 boxes of Zatarain’s rice — marked down to $0.59 each
- 2 cans of pumpkin — $1 each
- 5 bags of frozen veggies — $1 each
- Bananas — marked down to $0.90
- 2 bags of barley — marked down to $0.84 each
- 4 lbs of sweet potatoes — $0.49/lb.
- Total with tax: $17.39
Butter was on sale this weekend as part of Kroger’s weekend deals and I was thrilled to be able to stock the freezer again!!
Kroger Shopping Trip #3:
- 5 lbs. butter — $1.99 each this weekend
- Dannon yogurt smoothies — marked down to $0.49 each
- 3 dozen Simple Truth eggs — marked down to $1.39 each
- Simple Truth cage-free eggs containers — marked down to $1.19
- 2 containers Siggi’s Skyr — marked down to $0.39 each
- Whole Grain bread — marked down to $2.29
- 2 containers organic blueberries/sweet potatoes/apples — marked down to $0.39 (we are going to use this instead of apple butter in Apple Butter Muffins)
- 3-lb bag of clementines — $2.99
- 10-lb bag of potatoes — $1.99
- Takis — $2.89 (Kathrynne was with me and I let her decide how to spend the extra money in the budget so she bought these and gelatin.)
- 3 packages gelatin — $0.39 each
- Total with tax: $30.48
Dinners This Past Week
- Monday: Marked Down Pasta Dish Mixes with Ground Beef/Sausage, Fruit
- Tuesday: Chicken Broccoli Rice Casserole, Apples, Sliced Peppers
- Wednesday: Chick-fil-A
- Thursday: Turkey & Cheese Pockets, Sliced Peppers, Apples
- Friday: , Apple Butter Muffins, Clementines
- Saturday: Sweet Potato Fries, Pork Roast with Onions and Carrots in the Crock Pot, Pasta Salad
- Sundays: Leftovers/Fend For Yourself